Stonybrook Landscape Design creates individualized garden spaces that inspire resilience and good health. I specialize in landscape design that embraces therapeutic horticulture also known as plant therapy. This unique design approach guides the creation of each garden by including plants that appeal to the five senses. My favorite way to re-design a landscape in this way is to plant containers of different heights, shapes, colors and scents.
My love for nature began in New Jersey on a magical woodland property that my family named "Stonybrook". There is actually a brook that winds throughout the woods with some secret swimming holes. Later on, I lived in Georgia among a warm sunny tropical plant zone and always close to water. After traveling a bit, my husband and I decide to settle here in Portland, OR to be with fellow creatives and rivers galore. Twenty years later,
I still love our temperate climate best for growing an amazing group of plants (with origins in Japan, China, United Kingdom, Alaska, and Australia) right here in the Pacific Northwest.
ACHIEVEMENTS > MEMBERSHIPS
- Design Assistant with Harmony Design Northwest
- Content Contributor for Harmony Design Northwest's Newsletter
- Studied Landscape Design, Rock Creek Campus-Portland Community College
- Trained in Therapeutic Horticulture Garden design, Sylvania Campus-Portland Community College
- Certified Permaculture Design Consultant, Rock Creek Campus-Portland Community College